The prestigious grade of Fellow is awarded by special Board resolution. However, it may also be applied for by existing MIFireE members.
The FIFireE grade is awarded to those who have demonstrated significant individual responsibility and exceptional contribution to the fire engineering profession over an extended period of time, not normally less than 15 years.
Fellows of the IFE benefit from:
- esteemed professional recognition in the global fire sector through the use, after your name, of the post nominal FIFireE
- access to MY IFE, including special interest groups, CPD tracking and current vacancies;
- International Fire Professional, posted to you and online access to current and archived publications;
- regular e-newsletters and discounts for the IFE Online Shop and events;
How to apply
please apply using the Fellow Application Form and attach your CV or a detailed biography (including information on recent career activity from within the last two years), two completed Referee Statements from current FIFireE members, your CPD record for the last two years, a copy of your current organisational chart and a Personal Statement of around 500 words about why you feel you should be approved as a Fellow of the IFE.
You can send your completed application to email@example.com or by post to the address at the bottom of this page. NB All applicants for Fellow must have been a Member (MIFireE) of the IFE for a minimum of three continuous years.
Please refer to the application checklist table below to ensure that you have all parts of your application before submission.
Payment and subscriptions
There is no application fee. If your application is successful, you will be asked to pay the difference between your existing MIFireE subscription and the FIFireE subscription in your year of successful application. You will be sent an annual renewal for the Fellow subscription annually thereafter. Payment can be made by direct debit, credit/debit card or bank draft. All other ways to pay are listed here.
- NB All applicants for Fellow must have been a Member (MIFireE) of the IFE for a minimum of three continuous years
- Two completed Referee Statements from current FIFireE members
- Your CV or detailed biography – please also ensure that information is included on recent activity from the last two years
- A Personal Statement of around 500 words about why you feel you should be approved as a Fellow of the IFE and what you will contribute to the IFE during your time as Fellow
- Please note that from 3 June 2021 applicants for Fellow should use the updated Fellow application form and submit the following in addition to the above:
- Your CPD record for the last two years
- A copy of a current organisation chart which shows where you are placed within your organisation