Why become an Interim Registrant for Chartered?
If you have attained a qualification that is accepted for Chartered Engineer registration but have yet to gain sufficient experience in the workplace to meet all of the UK-SPEC standards, then interim registration is an important step for you. Once you have built up sufficient experience (5 years is indicative) then your application for full Chartered Engineer status will be streamlined.
For details of what the Engineering Council and registration is all about see their video http://www.engc.org.uk/videos .
Interim Registrants for Chartered Engineer benefit from:
- access to the IFE’s international branch networks and special interest groups
- access to MY IFE online resources, including sector vacancies
- online CPD tracking
- mentor/mentee guidance
- local and international CPD events
- IFE journal, newsletters and online access to archived publications
- An accredited bachelors degree with honours in engineering together with an accredited or approved masters degree or approved further learning to masters level.
- An accredited MEng degree
- Two Chartered Engineer referees
If your application is successful, annual subscriptions are payable. Payment can be made by direct debit , credit/debit card or bank draft. Please read the following documents before making your application: